Sunday, February 18, 2007

chinese new year

hey tooties...

the festive season that most chinese have been long awaiting for has finally came and it is the day where we receive givings and red packets from the elderly people and where we would feast on delicious-yummylicious food cooked by my relatives.

on every first day of the new year, my family would always set off to visit my relatives first which is my grandfather's brother, somewhere in commonwealth and then to my grandmother's house located in ghim moh. this year, there was a slight change in plans where we went to my youngest auntie's house first, then to the second eldest which was a pit-stop for lunch and then lastly to my maternal grandparents place. it was a time of catching up and enjoyment amongst all the cousins whereby we enjoy ourselves by engaging in a time of joy and excitement. we played the game "ooga" which resulted in the chaos happening. the party game made everyone look funny though it was a brainless game. we then proceeded on with another game while the adults were busy with the karaoke session in the living room. the main purpose of the games were to keep the young adults and kids occupied instead of falling asleep due to the boredom engulfing us.

after the enjoyment, we left and proceeded to the coffeeshop opposite my house for dinner where we feasted on the finger licking good food. yumyum
after dinner, we headed back to my house and of course once again started playing another game which was "ticket to ride" wherey we have to strategise on the best route and score as many points as possible by building the correct routes and completing the allocated routes.

think this new year season would result in me putting more weight.chinese new year is an occasion whereby we eat and eat and eat non-stop.
guess I'll have to start gym-ing when I return back to school to lose some calories.hahahaha

that's all for today. I have to go off already and prepare for tomorrow where many people would be coming over. another day of feasting and enjoyment.!

- huggies darls -

No comments: