Saturday, March 29, 2008

a Day of Tchoukball

hey tooties...

yesterday I had spent my whole morning at CCAB. reached the place as early as 6.40am when I was only required to report at 7.30am on the field, which in this case means that I am like super early. walked around CCAB for quite a while but first went to the ccab building and the first thing that I saw was the refreshing-looking hockey pitch. the eye had glittered all-of-a-sudden.HAHAHA..just kidding.. guess the colour of the pitch was so eye-catching that it refreshed me up since I was rather zombie-fied when I got up so early in the morning just to be at ccab for the sports even organized by the school, CTSS.more students started strolling in and the place became more lively. it just managed to bring me back to the times when my school had the sports meet and everyone would gather at the stadium with the indescribable amount of excitement and fun. those were the times that have been missed since I graduated about two years back.thinking of it, reminds me of the good times I had but nevertheless, I'm still having good times now though..=DD

think the event lasted for 3 hours where all the students will be engaged in at least one sport activity and it was made an inter-house competition where the students will compete with one another but it was made in a way that the upper sec competes with upper sec and lower sec with lower sec. there were quite a number of sports at the event.games such as floorball, tchoukball, frisbee, street-soccer, handball,.... such an interesting way of promoting a healthy lifestyle instead of a sports meet that caters to athletes most of the time.

anyway, I was supposed to be on the field for this sport called Tchoukball. tchoukball is also a new sport to me though.. guess many of us do not really know what the sport is about just like how it seems to me.. let me give you a brief idea of what the sport is about and how it of being played...

Tchoukball

Tchoukball is a genuine team sport. It's a sport that demands great teamwork, Good Observation, Constant Attention from all participants, anticipation and intelligence and of course alertness is important when playing this game. this sport is not a very demanding sport and should not be termed as a dangerous sport as no physical contact and interception of the ball is required in playing this sport.with just 5 minutes explanation of the game basics, everyone will be able to play and enjoy but of course it can be quite an intense game.

Fair play and respect for the opposition is a fundamental part of the way in which tchoukball is played.It is played Without physical contact between players or interception of the ball, so tchoukball players are free to express themselves whilst playing in any way permitted by the rules. At a higher level tchoukball is a very intense, extremely fast and skillful sport allowing individuals to express themselves as part of a team. The technical demands of tchoukball appeal to players who strive after beauty of play. It seems like captain ball or other ball games but just that it ban physical contact and interception of the ball. In order to earn your team a point, any team member will have to throw the ball on the frame and allow it to rebound and hit the ground without anyone catching the ball. it's a rather interesting game to watch but if we were to play, it would be more exciting.

it may not look as fun but when you get to play it, you will experience the joy and thrill of the game. it's worth the time trying this new sport..

think I will update more about the sport soon..
for now, I have to go get ready for my game later...=D

*'The objective of human physical activities is not to make champions, but make a contribution to building a harmonious society'.*
- huggies -

No comments: